CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

(116) 4-26-2011 A Day Away From School Because Of TAKS


Every year when the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades take the TAKS test, the lower grades are sent away so the building will be totally quiet and they can spread the kids out if they need to. Since I have always taught a TAKS test subject, this is the first year I got to go off campus and entertain the kiddos.


Today we went to our Principal's church to hang out for the day. We had planned stations to keep the kids entertained for most of the day.


One of the stations was Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Everyone got to dance to 2 songs. It was a HOOT, and tons of fun. I even got to dance a few times since we had some extra controllers on certain times.


We even had a competition to see who could get the highest scores in 2nd grade. All 3 top scores, were all girls, with the highest being 7014.




*I won TOP score with a whopping 8300!!! Just saying!!!

The day worked rather well I must say, until we went to watch a movie and the projector was a little messed up and they really couldn't see, so they were a little wild.



I have now realized I am NOT GOOD with chaos. By then end of the day, I was pretty frazzled and just wanted peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment